Skip to content
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons 1938 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 egg
- Stale bread
- Canned tuna
- Pickled turnip, beets, and carrots
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon harissa
- The night before, let the dried chickpeas soak in water.
- The next day, drain the chickpeas and then place in a large pot with new water covering the chickpeas. Add 3 tablespoons of 1938 EVOO and 1 teaspoon of garlic. Simmer until tender for 1 to 2 hours. Add water if necessary to keep chickpeas covered.
- Skip steps 1 and 2 if using canned cooked chickpeas, but replace the liquid they are in with fresh water or stock.
- When chickpeas are hot, mix with stale bread, egg, pickled turnip and carrots and beets, canned tuna, capers, olives, one tablespoon of cumin, one tablespoon of harissa, and drizzle with more 1938 EVOO at the end.